Saturday, April 05, 2008


The Lake

Word of the Day

Gongflap - The specific action or nodal point of a situation that provides the tipping point that spirals a situation into an utter and complete gongshow.


22 Days Until We Leave for The Lake

With the blossoming of spring comes the allergies of spring. My sinuses have been giving me this total puffy face feeling. My face doesn't look puffy...it just feels puffy. I dread having to go to the store and buy sinus medication these days. Since the advent of meth labs, laws have been passed so I can't just pick up such OTC medications anymore without putting my name and history on a list somewhere. There's little chance that my name on a list will cause a furor or cause problems (I hope) but I get this hinky feeling every time I have to stand in line at the pharmacy to buy some sinus medication. I guess I'll just have to live with the puffy face feeling a bit longer. I think I've got some sinus meds up at The Lake. Besides, my sinuses should clear up by the time we get to Nebraska.

My neighbor's petunias seeded themselves. She's been blessed with volunteer petunias coming up and blossoming in odd spots in her yard. Kind of like when my Mom's lettuce decided to seed itself in her yard in Nevada. The other day I noted that even I have one of my neighbor's stray petunias flowering by the sidewalk in my front yard. I wonder if the petunias that I planted in the backyard by the fountain will seed themselves? They sure are beautiful right now. I'm not sure if they'll survive the desert heat but maybe I'll get some volunteers that will sprout and flower in the fall.

It looks like it'll be a nice day at The Lake today. I checked the weather map and the temperature at The Lake is 45°F. If my sister is up there, she'll be getting ready to dig out her shorts and sandals. 45°F feels wonderfully warm at The Lake, especially after the below zero temperatures of a long cold and snowy winter. I hope she gets outside and enjoys it while it lasts. From the forecast maps, it looks like the rest of the week will be a bit wet and rainy. Not and ideal time to put in the dock. Which makes me wonder....is the ice off the lake yet?

Murphyism of the Day

First Law of Computerdom According to Golub


Fuzzy project objectives are used to avoid embarrassment of estimating the corresponding costs.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.

- Thomas A. Edison (1847 - 1931)

No comments: