Thursday, April 17, 2008


Old Grey Frog Hiking the Logging Road

Word of the Day

Gruntled - Contented; not postal; a person who is extremely satisfied with their working conditions.


10 Days Until We Leave for The Lake

It's chilly this morning here in Arizona. Sweater weather...this morning. I'm not sure that I'll need to turn on the AC today or not. 67°F. The weather at The Lake? It's supposed to warm up to 57°F. Winter jacket weather. I've added another ticker on top of my blog to count down the days until we actually drive down our 1/2 mile long driveway at The Lake. I've been posting Spring pictures to get myself in the mood...or maybe I'm just posting the pictures because I'm "in the mood".

I've packed four boxes of stuff to go to The Lake. Somehow, I managed to...have you ever had a paper cut? I managed to give myself a couple of cardboard cuts yesterday when I was wrestling with the cardboard boxes and the tape dispenser. Blood everywhere. Cardboard cuts bleed a lot. I haven't sealed up the boxes as yet. I might want something in the boxes or I may want to tuck something into one of them at the last minute. I've learned not to zip up a suitcase or tape up a box until we're ready to load stuff into the car. No matter how good my lists are....there's always something that needs to be tucked in at the last minute.

I'm at the point where I can't really pack much more until next week. I still may be tucking this and that into the boxes but it feels good to have made a start. At least I know how many boxes are needed.

Murphyism of the Day

Computer System Definition of the Day


Backup - An operation that is never performed on time.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Victory belongs to the most persevering.

Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 - 1821)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Snow is rapidly disappearing but the lakes are frozen up to a foot from shore or closer. I have a creek running into the lake so it is more open there. Cool and grey today.
IBM