Wednesday, April 09, 2008


The Lake

Word of the Day

Gordonk - Also Gordonk; A creature with combined gorilla body and donkey head. Legend suggests the gordonk frequents a forest filled with used tires called Tire Forest, in Utah.


18 Days Until We Leave for The Lake

I got up early this morning because it looks like it might rain today. Gypsy does not like rain and I'm not all that fond of dealing with wet paws or standing outside getting wet while Gypsy doesn't do her business in the rain. I'm pretty sure she'd KNOW that I'd lost my last marble if I clipped a leash on her and took her for our morning walk around the block in the rain. I wanted to get outside with Gypsy before it rains. We met a nice black lab on our walk. Didn't stay to talk. The owner of the black lab had her dog well in control but I could tell it was a close battle. The black lab wanted to check Gypsy out and neither the black lab's owner nor I thought this would be a good idea. Gypsy would have been fine with it but this black lab looked BIG and I'm not at all sure how friendly it was too small dogs like Gypsy. Gypsy loves EVERYONE and is just positive that EVERYONE will love her back. I guess I'm not so trusting. Just because my sister's black lab is gentle doesn't mean all black labs can be trusted. Now that our morning therapeutic walk is completed....let it rain.

Murphyism of the Day

Smith's Law of Computer Repair


Access holes will be half an inch too small.

Corollary

Holes that are the right size will be in the wrong place.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The strongest man in the world is he who stands alone.

- Henrik Ibsen (1828 - 1906)

No comments: