Friday, August 22, 2008


The Blackberries Will Have to Wait

Word of the Day

Kneekle - The portion of one's leg extending from the knee to the ankle. It is referred to in this manner if the person displays excess fat which essentially hides the calf area.


I was hoping that we'd get some rain today but although it is depressingly grey outside, the radar isn't showing anything. Unless the sun actually starts shining and drying things up, there isn't much chance of me hiking out on the logging road today. Too wet. Too many mosquitoes. Heat and humidity doesn't mix well with the berry-picking outfit that one needs to wear in order to avoid mosquitoes and the sharp thorns of the berry bushes.

We've had a bear sighting. While HTP and I were enjoying our appetizer and adult beverages last night in front of the television, I saw a black bear tumble/blunder down onto the driveway as it crossed from one side to the other. It was obvious that this black bear wasn't fully grown but it wasn't that small either. However, I've seen fully grown and this one wasn't. Maybe a cub from last year's crop? We didn't see a Mom but it's possible that she was somewhere within calling distance. I'll have to be more careful when I'm walking Gypsy at night. Leash time. No more running off on her own up the driveway, into the dark. This "cub" would have been able to easily take out a large dog and Gypsy is NOT a large dog....though...she can run pretty fast.

HTP and I are heading off to The Big City tomorrow morning. HTP has his 40th class reunion for high school. For some reason, I was thinking that it was his 50th class reunion. It's not. HTP and I are getting a bit grey but we're not all that old. Anyway, chances are that I won't be blogging while we're in The Big City. We'll be spending the night and coming back on Sunday.

Murphyism of the Day

Seit's Law of Higher Education


The one course you must take to graduate will not be offered during your last semester.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

A good listener is a good talker with a sore throat.

- Katharine Whitehorn

No comments: