Tuesday, August 05, 2008




Word of the Day

Judder - A cross between a jerk and a shudder.


Phone Tag. I sprayed the weeds on both sides of the driveway, giving and extra shot of poison for the ones that are pushing their way through the blacktop on our driveway. Then, I missed a phone call and had to call that person back but I could only leave a message on her answering machine. So, I took the phone down to the basement while I folded laundry and started another load. No call. I couldn't take the phone outside while I picked the raspberries but I guess it didn't matter because I haven't been tagged back...yet. Next? I have to go pick the beans in the garden but I thought I'd blog first to give this person a chance to return my call. Whoop! Got it. Now....I'm going to go out and pick the green beans and hopefully there we won't end up playing any more phone tag today. However, I'm not going to stay inside and sit by the phone to prevent it from happening. I hate phone tag but I hate sitting inside by the phone even worse, especially when there's things that need doing outside. Temperatures rising. The beans are going to pick themselves.

Murphyism of the Day

Meredith's Law of Grad School Survival


Never let your major professor know that you exist.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Hope is necessary in every condition.

- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

No comments: