Thursday, August 14, 2008


Grandma Froggy Sitting on the Deck with Ms. En - August 14, 2008


See the Pretty Flowers?


Grandma Froggy Has Some Really Neat Toys for Ms. En



Word of the Day

Keybergoo - Used to describe the sticky keyboard of a computer or musical instrument after food, drink, or some other sticky substance is dropped on it.


I am so totally tired of rain. I love rain but not this dreary drippy stuff with no bang or light show. This drippy stuff just makes my joints hurt. Yes, I realize that we need rain but couldn't it have held off until DD Daughter and GI Joe and Ms. En had left and a couple days beyond because I've got more company coming this weekend and HTP and I have to drive into The Big City for a family reunion picnic on Sunday. But...it can rain all it wants after that. Thankfully, we did get some sunshine on the first couple of days that my daughter and her family were here and last night the sun finally broke through long enough for Ms. En and me to sit out on the swing until the mosquitoes found us and then we transferred our outdoor time to the deck where the mosquitoes don't come until after dark. I even had time to run out and pick the raspberries. Unfortunately, the beans in the garden are probably getting beany. I was hoping to pick those today but things need to dry off before I can get out and do it.

My kennel garden tomatoes are totally blighted. There are no leaves left to support the tomatoes that are stubbornly clinging to the vines. I'm just hoping that I can hold off picking. There will be no future tomatoes coming from the kennel garden this year and I doubt I'll bother planting tomato plants out there next spring. No amount of spraying has helped. With all this damp, the tomatoes in my Earthboxes are even starting to blight. I've been spraying and removing the blighted leaves but it's been so damp. Apparently blight thrives in this kind of humidity.

Murphyism of the Day

Second Law of Applied Terror


The more studying you did for the exam, the less sure you are as to which answer they want.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Goodness is the only investment that never fails.

- Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862)

No comments: