Tuesday, August 26, 2008


Fishing with Willie - Summer 2007

Word of the Day

Knork - A combination knife and fork.


Sis and I hiked the entire length of the logging road and we only managed to pick one quart of blackberries. It looked like something got there before us. Most of the berries that we did pick were to be found off the driveway and near Sis' house. Oh well...it was a nice hike. My knees gave out toward the end but they'll recover.

My brother and his family are spending the week at their cabin. Vacation. Sis and I will be going fishing later this afternoon with our brother (Willie). Hopefully, we can get enough bluegill for smoking. I'm not sure how well the fish are biting right now. I haven't been out fishing since Spring. However, like playing the lottery or gambling in Vegas where you can't win if you don't play, you can't catch fish if you don't bait up and cast your line into the lake.

I picked the raspberries today. Again. Sis found a dessert recipe that calls for raspberry sauce and a garnish of fresh raspberries. We're going to have an Italian dinner on Wednesday night at Sis' house for everyone. I'm planning on making baked ziti with Italian sausage. We'll have a garden salad with fresh tomatoes. The dessert Sis found sounds like a culmination to the meal.

Murphyism of the Day

Darrow's Comment on History


History repeats itself. That's one of the things wrong with history.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit.

- Sir Frederick G. Banting (1891 - 1941)

No comments: