Monday, August 04, 2008




Word of the Day

Jokative - Describes one who expresses themselves frequently through joke.


I'm trying to get up the gumption to make some cookies this morning. For some reason, I can't seem to have any energy to do anything at all despite the fact that there is lots that needs doing. Oh well...I did strip the beds and I've got a load of sheets started. Today isn't laundry day but the sheets need washing and I don't want to be totally overwhelmed tomorrow when I do the rest of the laundry.

It rained yesterday. Thankfully, I already had picked the raspberries because it was a real whomper of a rain storm. Lightening, thunder, sheets of rain. Only an inch but it's an inch that we needed. How come it always rains when I water my garden? At least we didn't get any hail. It looks like I should pick the beans in the garden again. I glanced in that direction after I bilged the boat. Maybe I'll have more energy to pick beans tomorrow. It's kind of wet out there right now. We may even get more rain.

Murphyism of the Day

H. L. Menchken's Law


Those who can, do.
Those who cannot, teach.

Martin's Extension

Those who cannot teach, administrate.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon.

- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 - 1821)

No comments: