Sunday, August 24, 2008


The Raspberry Bushes are Taking Over - August 2008

Word of the Day

Knick-knack - Alternatively, A device whose creation and use was predetermined to be absolutely nothing; a useless contraption whose sole purpose is to annoy the house maid or janitor who cleans around it.


HTP's 40th Class Reunion was as expected. The Italian Family Reunion was lots more fun and the food was better. However, I did get to chat with a fellow vintner. One of HTP's former classmates makes homemade wine and gave away bottles of his product as door prizes. HTP and I won one. The music was nice. Oldies for...well...it was a 40th Class Reunion. The hotel was really nice but we had to pay for parking. Our room overlooked the river. Downtown Big City. I spent the night in a Select Comfort bed. First time. They even provided a face mask and linen spray to enhance the sleeping experience. We didn't use it. The bed? Well...it wasn't bad but I'm not going to run out and purchase one. My own bed is just fine. HTP and I got a free breakfast this morning and decided to hit the road instead of taking in a movie.

Gypsy was happy to see us. We got to see my folks' new carpet. Looks good. I'd say that they can start moving furniture into their new addition any day now. We're happy to be home. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. Highs in the low 70's. I picked and cleaned the beans. I picked and cleaned the lettuce. I didn't pick the raspberries. Maybe tomorrow. I know I've got to prune the raspberry bushes and I just didn't have the energy to take on the task today. Maybe tomorrow...but...

Tomorrow Sis and I have to rack the wine. ALL the wine. Then, we plan to hike the logging trail. And...I have to take the exhaustion test for the 100 Push-up Challenge. Will I go on to Week Six?

Murphyism of the Day

Duggan's Law of Scholarly Research


The most valuable quotation will be the one for which you cannot determine the source.

Corollary

The source for an unattributed quotation will appear in the most hostile review of your work.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture they do not understand, but the passages that bother me are those I do understand.

- Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

No comments: