Thursday, August 07, 2008



Word of the Day

Junkword - Any word or unword submitted to a slang or unword dictionary that is either already a real word or is not worthy of being called an unword.


After a funfilled trip to a big city for a doctor appointment, HTP and I drove to the city to have some lunch at our one and only "real" Mexican restaurant. I don't call Taco John's a "real" Mexican restaurant. I don't call the restaurant, Juan and Only, a "real" Mexican restaurant either. That used to be the name of the place where we ate today...years ago.... before the new owners re-opened the restaurant under a different name. Better food. Real salsa. Too bad that they don't serve hard liquor. A margarita would have been nice after the morning that I had at the doctor's office. Nothing personal, but I lump doctor's visits right along side of dental visits. I'm not all that fond of being jabbed with needles...especially not one that looks like it could stand in for half a pair of knitting needles. Size 2 or 3. I'm keeping positive thoughts that I won't have to go in for yet another round. However, the taste of real salsa and chips, downed with a Negra Modelo with a slice of lime?...made up for a lot. HTP knows me well. Gave me a whole new lease on life and enough energy to do the grocery shopping.

I even had enough energy left to pick the raspberries when I got home. However, I didn't have the energy to hike out and pick the blackberries that are just starting to ripen. Oh well...maybe tomorrow.

Murphyism of the Day

Seeger's Law


Anything in parentheses can be ignored.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I stand in awe of my body.

- Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862)

No comments: