Sunday, July 28, 2013

And it's started...putting up jam and jelly for the 2013 season.

Word of the Day

Touron - A very annoying and possibly stupid tourist.

~~~~

All the jam that I put up yesterday, for gifts and for use, has been labeled and stowed away and my kitchen cleaned for my next project. Chocolate Chip Cookies. Not for me. I promised T-Square that I'd bake and bring him some chocolate chip cookies...back before I went to Ireland. I don't forget. The cookies have been baked and stored away to drop off at T-Square and Ma's place tomorrow. Of course, I had to taste one...just to make sure that the cookies would poison anyone. Only one.

The sun finally made an appearance at about the same time that I finished cleaning my kitchen...again. However, I can't go out and pick berries today. It's just too wet out in the woods and in my raspberry beds. Maybe tomorrow. I've got lots on my To Do List for tomorrow. Thankfully, it looks like our July temperatures will be returning to near normal. Still cool but not the winter coat temperatures as it's been for the last few days.

~~~~

Random Quote of the Day

We must beware of trying to build a society in which nobody counts for anything except a politician or an official, a society where enterprise gains no reward and thrift no privileges.

Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965), Radio broadcast, London, March 21, 1943

No comments: