Friday, July 19, 2013

Deck Gardening

Word of the Day

Trafficy - Describing a period of heightened traffic.

~~~~

Laundry Day. HTP is heading back to Arizona tomorrow so I, once again, strayed from my iron-class rule of only doing laundry on Tuesdays. Not wanting to send HTP back to Arizona with a suitcase-full of dirty laundry and not wanting him to have to spend his entire remaining day of rest, Sunday, before going back to work, doing laundry... I spent my day, Friday, doing laundry....and other stuff.

Having arranged for the care of Kylee (JC, BW Babe's hubby, is going to stop in tomorrow to give Kylee an opportunity to "stretch her legs"), HTP and I will be spending our day tomorrow driving to The Big City tomorrow (airport run) plus a belated Father's Day celebration our kids planned. #1 Son, #1 DIL and Sarge arranged a special sushi treat for HTP. All-You-Can-Eat Sushi at the Akita, a restaurant in The Big City. And then, afterwards,....*sigh* , HTP will be leaving on a jet plane, heading back to our home in Arizona while I'll be driving back to our home here at The Lake for what remains of the summer.

It's going to be pretty quiet here at The Lake with just Kylee and me. I'll be starting my summer wine project, cooking up jams and jellies, canning produce, battling the evil squirrels and chipmunks, trapping crayfish, and....getting the Gator fixed and making sure the generator is fixed. In other words, I won't be spending a lot of time twiddling my thumbs with a lack of anything to keep idle hands busy. Of course, I won't actually be spending the entire summer all by my lonesome. I'm looking forward to spending time with T-Square and Ma, BW Babe, JC, and #1 Son and #1 DIL...plus, I'm looking forward to a visit in August from one of my best friends, her hubby (Mr. Fix-it) and her daughter. No devil's playground for me.

~~~~

Random Quote of the Day

Kneeling over a trickling mountain stream and pumping every ounce of water you use though a filter can really change your perception of turning on a faucet.

Eric Voorhis, Camping Earth, Backcountry Camping Can Be A Stressful Pursuit, 03-02-12

No comments: