Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Daylilies are Blooming


Word of the Day

Tickle jig - The jerky wincing dance that one (especially a child) does when they expect to be or are being tickled.

The Gator still isn't fixed. HTP drove by the shop and noted that it was still sitting in the same spot where I parked it...awaiting fixing. The generator is still broken...awaiting the services of whoever we can talk into coming out to fix it. No luck so far. HTP has determined that the battery is fine. He replaced the spark plugs with new...not that. He replaced the air-filter...not that. He replaced the oil filter...not that. So...we need to have someone out to find the magic "that". Finding that someone has been a bit of a problem.

Meanwhile, I treated (re-treated) the tomato plants for blight. They don't look any worse but we had enough rain the other day that I thought it best to add another layer of Dragoon Dust (Copper). Sadly, I'm still dealing with nasty little critters. I'm not sure who picked the green tomato and ate half but I'm figuring I better set out my traps again. Squirrel or chipmunk, I don't want them eating my tomatoes. I noticed that I've got a couple of tomato vine branches broken off...squirrel?

I made up a batch of potato salad for Saturday afternoon. HTP's brother and wife and sister and hubby are coming for lunch. We're planning on having brats and burgers on the grill, potato salad, green spinach/lettuce salad with candied pecans and dried cherries, baked beans, chips and dip and rhubarb pie for dessert. I still need to make the pie. Tomorrow. I also need to cook up some bacon with onion to add to the baked beans.

Tomorrow will be a big day. Laundry, cleaning, baking, cooking...added onto the fix-it list. At least the lawn has been mowed.

Random Quote of the Day

It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.

Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), Lady Windermere's Fan, 1892, Act I

No comments: