Saturday, July 06, 2013

Recovering...slowly.

I want this sign!

 


Word of the Day

Thermoometer - A meter that displays the mood of the outdoor temperature; a thermometer that does not correctly indicate the real temperature.

Things are settling down and I've started to recover a bit from my abrupt time-zone change. Yesterday, I was a bit out of it. We went out shopping for groceries and such and a Walgreen's employee found me staring blankly at the supplements in the vitamin aisle. I needed to replenish my supply, I had my list, I just couldn't seem to find them. It's a huge aisle and I just wasn't tracking. The kind employee helped me find what I needed and I explained to him that I normally wasn't that vague and out of it. I was just majorly jet-lagged. Strangely, I wasn't that bad when I arrived in Ireland but...

We invited BW Babe and her husband, JC, and T-Square and Ma for lunch today. I had some pork riblets in the freezer that I thawed out and #1 Son cooked them up (very good) and made a salad to go with them (also very good). I opened a can of beans and a few packages of chips and served them with my famous onion dip. Thankfully, nothing more challenging was required of me. My daughters, Sarge and DD Daughter both called during lunch to chat. I think they must have some sort of psychic link because they often will call on the same day and sometimes at the same time. Cue the Twilight Zone music...or Coast to Coast AM. I'll have to call them back so we can talk more.

#1 Son and #1 DIL picked LOTS of strawberries yesterday. I cleaned and froze enough for four batches of jam. We had strawberry shortcake for dessert today. I was so full, I couldn't finish mine and I REALLY didn't want to give it up. Oh well, there are more strawberries in the fridge that I need to clean so maybe I'll make myself a strawberry sundae tonight for dinner.

Random Quote of the Day

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

― Oscar Wilde

No comments: