Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Wining 2013

Word of the Day

Tile comet - Any streamer of toilet paper attached to a person's heel as they emerge from a restroom.

~~~~

In the news, a Prince of the Realm was born yesterday afternoon. I was waited to mention it until the proud parents gave him a name. However, I've been made to understand that this is a VERY diplomatic and DEEP process for a royal. It may take over a month for the proud parents to decide which names to give the poor little baby. He (Male Child) went home with Mom and Dad (William and Kate)today. I wonder what his life will bring? Much speculation in the news. Will they leave him alone...just for a bit. I hope.

I made some Baba Ghanoush today. Having never tasted it or made it before, I had no idea what to expect. I found a recipe on All Recipes and followed it to the letter....but...I halved the recipe because my single eggplant wasn't all that big...not as big as the eggplant (huge) that they pictured in the video on the website. Altogether, it tastes pretty good. I'll probably make it again but...maybe not so much lemon juice. BW Babe tells me that I have had it before but...no...I'd remember. She called it Poor Man's Caviar but...nope...I still don't remember it. She told me that she makes hers rather chunky...not according to the recipe and video that I had. Oh well...it tasted great for lunch today with carrots and corn chips as a dip.

As I was cooking up the eggplant, I noted a distinct smell in the air. I was wondering about it. Did cooking eggplant actually smell that strange? Nope. It finally occurred to me that the odor I was smelling was coming from my buckets of wine...brewing and bubbling. Wine farts. It sounds like a rather demonic clock is ticking in my living room...the air-locks are letting the wine farts escape...ticking, ticking. Like a tell-tale heart.

I called the boat repair place...after procrastinating madly. I HATE calling people that I HAVE to call because it's on my To Do List. I cringe at those calls. I asked them why the cost quoted was so much higher than I was expecting. Oh...now I get it. They had to replace the entire throttle. *sigh* Throttles don't come cheap. This will be our third throttle for this boat. I swear this boat has been nothing but a LEMON when it comes to throttles. Regardless, I informed them that I wouldn't be able to pick the boat up...and pay for the repairs...until next week sometime. JC won't be able to help me roll it into the garage until next week and I don't want to pick it up and let it sit out on the driveway...unprotected, not that it isn't probably sitting out on the repair peoples' lot right now...unprotected.

My second call was to the generator guy. He was out...getting lunch at McDonald's. However, he called me back...eventually...after I collected all the garbage in the house and drove it out to the road AND picked up the mail in town. The part needed for the generator arrived and STEVE will be showing up first thing in the morning to replace the part. Steve? Who's STEVE? And...what is the generator guy's definition of "first thing in the morning"?

~~~~

Random Quote of the Day

I prefer the company of peasants because they have not been educated sufficiently to reason incorrectly.

Michel de Montaigne (1533 - 1592)

No comments: