Tuesday, July 09, 2013



Word of the Day

Thrickle - A tickle in the back of one's throat.

I tied up my tomato plants and watered all the plants on the upper decks this morning and then, of course, it rained. We even got lightning and thunder and lost TV reception for a bit. Thankfully, we haven't lost power this season since our backup generator isn't working but...I figured that would be the next thing to happen. A comedy of errors.

However, I was wrong. The next thing to happen was that the Gator wouldn't start, despite having a brand new battery. I'd loaded all the garbage and recycling into the back of the Gator because it's garbage and recycling day tomorrow morning and I figured that I'd run everything up to the road after the rain stopped. *sigh* The rain stopped and the Gator wouldn't start. Nothing. I had to reload all the garbage and recycling into the Acadia and tell HTP the bad news about the Gator. He wasn't a happy camper. Poor guy. He's here for two weeks and he's had to deal with broken and breaking things since he's arrived. Did I mention that our big boat won't be fixed until long after HTP's returned to Arizona? *sigh*

We called a local repairman in town who came out to jump the Gator and then we drove it to his shop. He's going to see if he can find what's draining the battery...the brand new battery. Oh well...at least we really don't need two cars at the moment.

Random Quote of the Day

“Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”

― Oscar Wilde, The Critic as Artist

No comments: