Friday, July 12, 2013

Once Upon a Time....Maybe Later When I Have Some Time


Word of the Day

Tree rat - A squirrel; a very destructive animal that eats bird eggs--contributing more to the demise of song birds than even house cats. Also picks green tomatoes and leaves them half eaten here and there while digging up helpless bedding plants, willy-nilly.

Company is coming and HTP is going a bit nuts with it...ergo...I'm going nuts with it. With the threat of hosing off the upper deck coming from HTP's mouth (visions of wet cushions that never dry and the demise of all my tomato plants due to blight caused by all the damp), I dragged out the shop vac and vacuumed both the upper and lower decks. After that, I was so tired I was snapping at both HTP and Kylee. Time to take a break before I started breaking heads.

Vacuuming the decks wasn't all that big a deal but added to the rest of the things that I've been doing since 7 AM and still have to finish up before bedtime, there's no way that I'd be able to tackle the delicate job of rolling out the pie crust I made this morning, chilling in the fridge, and baking pies until I cooled off, physically and mentally.

Meanwhile, BW Babe called to ask me if I still needed to borrow her cooler for tomorrow. Do I? *sigh* I drove over to pick it up...a nice respite and probably the breather that I needed. Just a gulp of air before continuing on. And then, another nice gulp of air while blogging.

The pies will get baked. The laundry will be finished. I'll cook up the fixings for doctoring the baked beans and then I'll make dinner.

The generator guy finally showed up and HTP is out with him. I hope this guy can find and fix the problem. I don't even want to think about how much this is going to cost us.

Random Quote of the Day

Attacking is the only secret. Dare and the world always yields; or if it beats you sometimes, dare it again and it will succumb.

William Makepeace Thackeray (1811 - 1863)

No comments: