Saturday, July 20, 2013

Hiking the Logging Road....Many Moons Ago


Word of the Day

Tictactic - A technique used to try and receive one tic-tac from its container.

~~~~

It's been a busy day. HTP and I drove to The Big City to meet #1 Son and #1 DIL at The Akita for HTP's belated Father's Day present from #1 Son and Sarge. All-You-Can-Eat Sushi. Yum! It was great to chat see #1 Son and #1 DIL. Turns out that #1 Son will be flying off to France tomorrow morning for work. Wow! He sure does travel a lot for work and to places that I've only read about. Poor #1 DIL, I know that she doesn't like all this traveling...without her. I don't blame her.

Speaking of travel, after lunch, HTP and I headed off to the airport. *sigh* HTP's on his way back to our home in Arizona. Meanwhile, I drove back here to The Lake....alone. But, it looks like I'll be keeping busy. Turns out that our boat that I was hoping to have all fixed and useable while HTP was here?...apparently, it's fixed and ready for pick-up. Well, they're just going to have to wait now because I can't just drop everything and drive out to Hayward to pick it up and I sure can't launch it until #1 Son and #1 DIL can help....in a few weeks. Maybe I'll pick it up next week sometime, if I can get someone to help me roll it into the garage until I can get it launched. But, I'll worry about all that tomorrow...or the next day. I've got quite a long To Do List for the remainder of the summer.

Tomorrow? It looks like the raspberries need picking and it's past time to get the summer wine projects started. And, I've got strawberries all prepped for jam-making.

~~~~

Random Quote of the Day

Bureaucracy defends the status quo long past the time when the quo has lost its status.

Laurence J. Peter (1919 - 1988)

No comments: