Sunday, July 14, 2013

Putting My Feet Up


Word of the Day

Thictatorship - God, having absolute power, wins and everybody else loses, specifically in the case of religious governments. Otherwise known as theocracy.

~~~~

It was fun to have people over yesterday. HTP's brother and his wife and HTP's sister and her husband. We had way too much food for everyone which was a good thing because I totally over-cooked the baked beans. I baked them nearly to death. The temperature was perfect for sitting out on the deck so time got away from us as we all chatted and reminisced...ergo, ubber-baked beans. We never got around to eating lunch until well into the afternoon and almost into early evening.

HTP's brother still thinks he was here at one time but since he doesn't remember anything about the layout of the house, we think that the last time he was here was probably around the time when the house was at the construction phase. The last time HTP's sister was here was when both her parents were still alive and mobile and lived in Cumberland.

I had to have DD Daughter help me fix my blog template. I'm still not entirely happy with it. I'm missing my blog tracker and I'm missing my ticker. I liked my old format but the Harpist contacted me to let me know that for some reason, using my older format, no-one could access all my archived blog entries. *sigh* I sure wish Google would stop fixing things by making things more difficult to use. I may have to see if DD Daughter can spend some more time to fix things because it's beyond me.

~~~~

Random Quote of the Day

The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time.

George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

No comments: