Sunday, June 22, 2003

I was reading Falling Up by Shel Silverstein this morning and found a couple of poems to fit my day and my mood. Some think that these books are for kids. I have read the poems to my kids who fail to dig beyond their surface but I tend to dig sometimes and sometimes I just like to enjoy. And right after I write this blog, I fully intend to plant some plants so I can experience the did that silenced the Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas.

Writer Waiting

Oh this shiny new computer--
There just isn't nothin' cuter.
It knows everything the world ever knew.
And with this great computer
I don't need no writin' tutor,
'Cause there ain't a single thing that it can't do.
It can sort and it can spell,
It can punctuate as well.
It can find and file and underline and type.
It can edit and select,
It can copy and correct,
So I'll have a whole book written by tonight
(Just as soon as it can think of what to write).


Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda

All the Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
Layin' in the sun,
Talkin' 'bout the things
They woulda-coulda-shoulda done...
But those Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
All ran away and hid
From one little did.

Cliche of the Day

Spirit is Willing but the Flesh is Weak, The. I can't do this even though I would like to. The saying is from the Bible (Matthew 26:41), where Jesus says to his disciples, "Watch, and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

No comments: