Saturday, June 21, 2003

Yesterday, I didn't think I'd be able to blog. Today, I probably shouldn't blog. We had the family reunion today. I've been up and down stairs and down and up stairs and there are a lot of stairs. More then I ever knew we had. Just as I got upstairs, I was sure to need something downstairs. Just as I got downstairs, someone needed something upstairs....and of course the thing they needed was downstairs. Who needs a health club membership. I must have spent at least a couple of hours today on the stair machine and a couple more on the treadmill. Then there were all those squats I did getting things out of the refrigerator and putting stuff back in the refrigerator. Taking stuff out of the cooler.....well....just taking stuff out of the cooler. The beer was in the cooler. They've all gone home now. I've done most of the clean-up. But I still have that adrenaline rush one gets after doing a heavy workout. Another beer may cure that.

Cliche of the Day

Sixes and Sevens, To Be At. In disarray; uncertain how to proceed; indifferent to the consequence. Long ago it was "set all on six and seven, " apparently from a kind of dice game played in the 15th century. By 1631 it was "at six and at sevens," and by 1712 it was "sixes and sevens." A passage in the Bible (Job 5:19) may have been the origin: "He shall deliver thee in six troubles; yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee."

No comments: