Wednesday, June 25, 2003

It's raining today though I really would prefer a good thunderstorm. I keep telling you all that I like the rain. Good thing. I keep grinning because I don't have to go out and water the lawn or the garden or the potted plants. I keep grinning because I can read a book without feeling guilty about all those weeds that still need pulling. I keep grinning because there is nothing sweeter then the smell of the outdoor air after it rains. I keep grinning because I know that I'm here for another two months and the sun will come out to shine at least a few more times between now and then. Right now, I'll just write in my blog, answer my e-mails and then go get another cup of coffee to enjoy while admiring the sight and sound of the rain dripping off the leaves of the trees.

**Zen wisdom sayings about using your mouth:**

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your mouth is moving.

Never miss a good chance to shut up.

**Zen wisdom thoughts about self:**

No one is listening to you until you make a mistake.

Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help.

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.

Cliche of the Day

When It Rains, It Pours. If something happens at all, it is likely to show up in excess, to be too much of a good thing (as a heavy rain can be). The phrase was once the advertising slogan of a company in the United States that makes table salt, which has a tendency to coagulate in humid conditions; the company claimed its salt would continue to flow freely in those conditions. But the phrase is old enough to have served as a part of the title of a work by John Arbuthnot in 1726: It Cannot Rain but It Pours; or London Strow'd with Rarities.

No comments: