Monday, June 30, 2003

I'm not sure if I like this new blogger format. When I hit the I for italics, it gives me a highlighted (fade to nothingness) look that is not italics. Other then that, it works just fine. I'm the one at a loss at times what to write. Heck! I write anyway. I could babble on saying nothing for days.

Yesterday was a stellar day. I got to talk to all three of my children...OK....I only actually talked to two of them..I got an email from the oldest. Huzzah! No really. I mean it. I'd been complaining that I hadn't heard from anyone and lo and behold the phone rings. My youngest daughter. She's off to join the circus....not really. She couldn't find one so she's creating her own. My oldest daughter may be coming to visit this weekend. It's possible that she may have tried to call me too but we don't have call-waiting here in our rural residence. My oldest daughter invariably calls at the same time as my youngest daughter. I think it's a psychic type thing which I've never been able to figure out.

I was the one who called my son. My son is back at the Arizona front from camp. Of course things wouldn't be normal if he hadn't by accident tripped the burglar alarm upon his return. Since I've done the same myself (triggered the alarm), I can only shudder and hold my twitching ears in sympathy. That alarm is loud enough to make a person's ears bleed. I understand why he forgot about the alarm. I'm not too fond of security alarms myself but when I'm paying a monthly fee for the stupid thing, I expect the stupid thing to be used. He never remembered to set it when he went to camp. An understanding neighbor went in after he left and reset the alarm for me. An understanding Mom knows her children. He doesn't function too well in the mornings and I was fairly confident that he'd forgotten to set it before he headed off to camp. This is where it is really nice to have understanding neighbors who are willing to help you out. I imagine he was fairly surprised when an alarm that he didn't set went off. Good thing he remembered the password for the security people. Bleeding ears may serve as a reminder for the future. One can only hope.

Cliche of the Day

Does My Heart Good. Pleases me; relieves a worry. This is "heart" in its meaning as the seat of the emotions. A forerunner of the modern expression, and really a better way of putting the thought, appeared in 1413 in The Pylgremage of the Sowle: "The syght...gladyd moche my harte."

No comments: