Monday, June 23, 2003

It's raining here in Wisconsin today. Nothing unusual. I'm actually glad that it's raining today. The lawn and gardens were really getting dry. If it hadn't rained today, I would have had to get out the sprinklers to water everything. I spent the day yesterday planting 100's of plants which I'm sure are reveling in this rain. Now I just have to figure out an indoor activity for today. I could organize the drawers in the kitchen. I could clean. Or I could read. Or I could decide on a new crocheting project. I think I'll read....at least for a while. My husband can't understand how I could possibly waste even a moment of my time reading or crocheting but I love both activities. After a long hectic weekend, doing absolutely nothing sounds remarkably good.

Cliche of the Day

Time to Kill. A period when one is unable to do what one had planned and must look for a diversion. The thought of killing time usually carries with it eh notion that one will spend the time doing something frivolous or entertaining. That thought is reflected in The Provok'd Husband, a play by Sir John Vanbrugh and Colley Cibber (1728): "What think you, if we three sat soberly down to kill an hour at ombre?" (Ombre was a three-person card game that was quite popular in the 17th and 18th centuries.)

No comments: