Thursday, February 01, 2007




Word of the Day

Accidue - Small pieces of broken glass, metal and other debris that remains at the scene of an accident for months after.


My rain gauge is getting quite the workout this winter. We received just under 1/2" of rain yesterday. I just gave the windows on my house an appraising look to see whether or not the weather is forcing me to wash windows. Not yet. I think I can hold off on washing the windows until next winter.

I've been practicing my Jacks or Better Video Poker skills. I don't normally play Jacks or Better Video Poker. I prefer Double Double Bonus Video Poker and Double Bonus Video Poker. Sometimes I play other Video Poker varieties...just to keep things interesting. Later this month I'm going to be playing in a Video Poker Tournament. I've never played in a Video Poker Tournament before but from what I've been able to find out, the game that is played in these tournaments is Jacks and Better. Each Video Poker variety has its own unique strategy that a player needs to follow in order to increase the odds of winning or breaking even. So, I'm practicing. Jacks or Better Video Poker. Will this help me win or even get a minor prize in this tournament? Can't hurt. Will I win? I'm not holding my breath. I'm only going into this for the fun of it. However, there's no reason to go into this with a negative. Practicing strategy will help stack the odds a bit more in my favor. Nevertheless, no amount of practice will help me one little smidgen if I get a dud machine. A dud machine? A dud machine is one that refuses to deal you anything but the worst possible hands. I've played at a bunch of such dud machines. No amount of "feeding" ever changes the money sucking outflowing tide. The dud machine will continue to deal out non-paying hand after non-paying hand. The smart player gets up and moves to another machine as far away from the dud machine as possible. Why? Dud machines are notorious for paying off for the very next person who happens to sit down.

Murphyism of the Day

Robertson's Law


Quality assurance doesn't.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your
accordion." -- General Norman Schwarzkopf

No comments: