Sunday, February 18, 2007




Word of the Day

Aesthete's foot - The chronic condition whereby one's socks match one's shirt without fail.


I'm doing laundry because I didn't do laundry last Tuesday. Hey...it makes sense to me and that's all that matters. I also spent the entire morning removing dust from every flat surface in our house. Most people call this job "dusting" but it seems to me that "dusting" implies that one scatters dust everywhere. And...actually...that's what happens when I use my feather duster. But...this time, I used special dust rags with stuff that grabs and holds the nasty dust. And it is nasty. I ended up using six of those special disposable dust rags. Yucko. And now....I keep seeing places that I missed and for those I decided to use my feather duster. I removed most of the dust and threw it in the waste basket. Then...I dusted. I didn't remove any of the dust from HTP's office. Yet. I'm resting up. Maybe tomorrow...or...maybe he'll remove the dust from his own office. That would be nice. I can hear the vacuum cleaner. Maybe he's trying out a new method of dusting (which he mentioned that I should try) or maybe he's vacuuming the house. I had told him to hold off vacuuming until I'd finished removing the dust. I'm done...or as done as I plan to be today. There are other projects that I need to tackle but...tomorrow. I'll do those tomorrow.

I finished the "If It's a Boy" afghan this morning and started on the "If It's a Girl" afghan.

Note to DD Daughter

All I have to say is that I never sat down to eat an entire jar of pickles in my whole life. Even though I happen to love pickles. However, to be honest, I almost polished off a huge jar of green olives once upon a time.

Murphyism of the Day

Gore's Laws of Design Engineering


1. The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

2. That component of any circuit which has the shortest service life will be placed in the least accessible location.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"War without France would be like ... World War II." -- Unknown

No comments: