Saturday, February 10, 2007




Word of the Day

Adorkable - Equally adorable and dorky


There are days that I feel like I'm running off my feet doing all kinds of things, accomplishing so much and then I look around and it doesn't look like I've done one thing. These are the days that I work on the invisible things around the house that need doing but no-one really notices too much when they don't get done until they grow and grow and become gigantic and huge and hard to miss. I guess today is going to be one of those days. I went outside and re-sprayed the weeds. I sprayed the weeds a few days ago. Those weeds have pretty much browned out and hopefully died. The thing is when you're spraying for weeds, new ones keep popping up and sometimes you just "think" you sprayed a weed and you didn't. I keep on thinking I should put some kind of food dye in the weed spray so I can actually see when I spray the weeds. The people who spray the community shared properties use some kind of green color that fades in time. I suppose I should go out and put some pre-emergent weed preventer down. Only...I want to wait until "Spring" when the plants start budding out and I can do some yard clean up to get rid of all the dead leaves and stuff. That way I can use a pre-emergent with fertilizer. Dual purpose. Kill two birds with one stone. HTP is going out to buy me some pre-emergent. In the meantime, I'm going to continue on taking care of all the invisible things that need taking care of before they become huge and visible. Invisible things that become visible and huge are just totally disgusting.

Murphyism of the Day

Jose's Axiom


Nothing is as temporary as that which is called permanent.

Corollary

Nothing as permanent as that which is called temporary.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Berra

No comments: