Thursday, February 08, 2007




Word of the Day

Adminisphere - The levels of management where big, impractical, and counterproductive decisions are made.


The water still flows in my fountain. The plants in my yard are still brown and dropping their leaves. Whoops...all except the weeds. The weeds are/were coming along just fine. I went out and sprayed Round-up on the weeds yesterday and they're just starting to shrivel a bit. The weather is perfect. Not too hot, and not too cold.

HTP got a jury summons questionnaire from Wisconsin. If it was anything like the one I got last year, he'll have had to tell them that his commute distance to the courthouse would be 2000 miles...during the winter. They haven't asked me commute yet. I doubt they'll ask HTP to commute either. Call me weird but I actually enjoyed the one time I ended up on a jury.

Murphyism of the Day

Schrank's First Law


If it doesn't work, expand it.

Corollary

The greater the magnitude, the less notice will be taken that it does not work.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Q: Do you know how far pregnant you are now?
A: I'll be three months on November 8.
Q: Apparently, then, the date of conception was August 8?
A: Yes.
Q: What were you doing at that time?
-- Official Court Records

No comments: