Tuesday, February 06, 2007




Word of the Day

Acluistic - Describing or pertaining to anything clueless; without a clue.


My right eye is off and on blurry. Both eyes are still dilated from yesterday's eye exam for some odd reason. As for the results of the long three hour exam? Drum roll please. And the result is.... I have to wait and have my eyes re-examined in November. My eyes are healthy. My corneas are nice and thick. The doctor wants a more accurate (three hours with all those computerized machines and lots of eye drops) history of my eyes. My last eye exam was two years ago and wasn't three hours long with lots of machines. In comparison to the exam I had two years ago, which may or may not have been totally accurate, my right eye has worsened enough in those two years that the doctor wants to make double sure on the measurements. So, in November, I'll come back from Wisconsin and do a repeat of the three hour exam I just went through. He actually wanted me to come back in six months but in six months I'll be in Wisconsin. I'm not going to fly back to Arizona for a three hour eye exam in August. So...November. If my eyes haven't changed over a certain measurable amount, we're thinking of PRK eye surgery. Not Lasik. In the meantime, it's not going to hurt to wait.

I hope my eyes settle back down before I have to leave for my hair appointment this morning. It sure seems painfully bright outside right now and my photo grey lenses don't seem to be helping any. I pray that I don't have to explain to some policeman that my eyes are still dilated from yesterday's eye appointment. "But Occifer...."

Murphyism of the Day

The Basic Law of Construction


Cut it large and kick it into place.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"I'm going through eye exercise therapy, strengthening my eyes. I'm supposed to like, rest them." - Martha Stewart, denying that she was dozing off during an Al Gore speech.

No comments: