Saturday, February 03, 2007




Word of the Day

Accumulotion - The uncomfortably grotesque layer of slime that adorns the opening of a lotion dispenser.


It's still cold here in Arizona. When I woke up this morning, my thermometer told me that it was a chilly 36-degrees outside. Right now? 62-degrees. I'm getting a bit tired of cold weather. If I liked cold weather, I'd winter up at The Lake. Only...it's LOTS colder there right now and I don't like cold weather so I'll stop my whining. It's supposed to warm up to the upper 70's this week. We'll see. At least I don't live in Florida where major storms seem to hit on a fairly regular basis. If it's not hurricanes taking aim, it's tornadoes. This morning I was watching a reporter on TV interviewing a man in front of what remained of his house in Florida after the latest devasting results of tornadoes. Reporters always ask the same questions but my ears perked up this time. The reporter asked, "Will you rebuild?" The man looked at her and answered that he and his wife just lived in Florida during the winter months. They were from Illinois. Then he continued to answer her question with, "Nope, not this time. Next winter I think we'll go to Arizona." Seems like Arizona realtors are going to be keeping busy...even more so than right now. Disaster strikes in California (earthquakes) or Florida (hurricanes and tornadoes) and Arizona starts looking really good.

It's pizza night. I'm planning on watching Monk tonight and that Nora Roberts movie that I missed on Monday of last week. They're going to re-run it. Woohoo! Now, I only have to remember to remember.

Murphyism of the Day

Law of Corporate Planning


Anything that can be changed will be changed until there is no time left to change anything.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

"We can stand here like the French, or we can do something about it." -- Marge Simpson

No comments: