Tuesday, April 21, 2009


Everything has to fit into that red Gator
Wish us luck.

Word of the Day

Potticize - To make wild, harebrained, and utterly unfounded hypotheses about everything.


Everything is under control. I've done all the packing that I can do for today. I'm doing laundry tomorrow so we don't need to pack up too many dirty clothes. I won't pack any dirty clothes...if I follow my plan. Wednesday, Thursday (until we manage to fit a EVERYTHING but our overnight stuff, the cooler, and the dog's stuff into the car), and Friday (until we hit the road) will be the stressful days. After that, I plan to put the car on cruise and enjoy the drive.

In the meantime, HTP has to go pick up his new glasses. I decided to wash my hair in hopes that it'll stay clean until we get to The Lake...like that's going to happen. Not to worry. I packed the shampoo, conditioner, and my travel curlers....just in case my plan fails...or it rains...or it snows. Tonight we're going out to dinner with friends. One last visit to a real Mexican restaurant with decent margaritas.

I've got the cooler all packed...mentally. I know what I plan to put in the cooler. I can't actually pack the cooler until Friday morning. There will be lots of last minute Friday morning stuff to do. Unfortunately, I tend to do a lot of mental packing these days. Even with a To Do List and a Packing List, I can't switch off the mental packing.

FYI-The temperature outside right now is 100 degrees...in the shade.

Murphyism of the Day

Basic Baggage Principle


Whatever carousel you stand by, your baggage will come in on another one.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

In terms of being late or not starting at all, then it's never too late.

-Alison Headley

No comments: