Saturday, April 04, 2009


Filtering the Arancello and Limoncello - 2009

Word of the Day

Plumple - A large pimple.


Time to bottle the Arancello and Limoncello. Filtering and bottling these Italian liqueurs takes patience and a strong tolerance for sticky messes...oh...and lots of coffee filters. The fumes alone can make you drunk. They sure have cleared my sinuses. The citrus smell has over-powered the smell of the bacon HTP cooked up to go with our breakfast this morning. I'm staying out of the kitchen except to replace the filters and fill the bottles with the liqueur after it's been filtered twice. Self-preservation. I really don't need to get looped on top of the allergy/cold medicine I'm taking. On the plus side, the fumes have cleared up my sinuses. On the down side, even with all the windows open, I'm beginning to feel a bit like I've been doing a bit too much sampling...which doesn't seem fair since I haven't even licked my sticky fingers.

Murphyism of the Day

Walder's Observation


A mathematician is one who is willing to assume everything except responsibility.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Challenge is a dragon with a gift in its mouth…Tame the dragon and the gift is yours.

- Noela Evans

No comments: