Sunday, April 12, 2009


The Vegas Gals Do The Desert Botanical Garden

Word of the Day

Poopoolashka - A expression of dissatisfaction.



Happy



Easter



Everyone!


The last of the dishes have been washed and put back into the cupboard. My friends departed for the airport about a half hour ago. Exhaustion! But...good exhaustion. We've had two fun-filled days.

Yesterday, we toured the Desert Botanical Gardens with the Chihuly glass sculptures. Impressive! HTP and I haven't been to the botanical gardens for almost thirty years. The place has changed...improved...and Dale Chihuly did a great job of integrating his glass sculptures into the desert gardens.


Hiking Through the Desert Botanical Gardens and Enjoying the Chihuly Glass Exhibition

After returning to our house, we all pitched in and bottled wine. Lots of wine. I've still got one bucket of wine remaining to bottle and I have to get out a hair-dryer for the shrink-wrap seals but...we made a good start before enjoying a relaxing dinner.


Bottling Wine in Arizona

It was early to bed and early to rise this morning. I had to get up at 4 AM so I could play at the sunrise service this morning. I had to be there at 5:15AM. We had Easter Brunch at our house. Egg Casserole, Aebleskivers (made by my friend's husband), ham, and lots more food than we could possibly eat at one setting. However, after chatting out on the deck and then watching several episodes of The Big Bang Theory, we enjoyed a nice piece of chocolate turtle pie. Yummmm!!!!! Two of our friends had to leave at that point to head to a family function and then shortly afterwards, our other friends had to depart for the airport.

I'd head for bed but...it's too early to go to bed, no matter how tired I am. My daughters, DD Daughter and Sarge, called to wish us Happy Easter! I wish I'd had a bit more time to talk to them.

I'll have to work on getting the rest of the wine bottled next week. HTP and I have less than two weeks left before we depart for The Lake. HTP has already made our reservations. We're looking forward to having dinner with the friends who just left for the airport when we spend a night in Denver on our way to The Lake. And we can hardly wait to spend some time with DD Daughter, Ms. En, and GI Joe at their home in Nebraska. But...I'm getting ahead of myself. There's lots to do in the remaining days before we hit the road.

Murphyism of the Day

Connor's Law


If something is confidential, it will be left in the copier machine.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I have the worst memory ever so no matter who comes up to me - they're just, like, 'I can't believe you don't remember me!" I'm like, 'Oh Dad I'm sorry!'

- Ellen DeGeneres

No comments: