Thursday, April 02, 2009


The Limoncello and Arancello is "fixin'" to be ready to bottle.

Word of the Day

Plotician - 1.One who can only perform an action if it has been done in a movie or book. 2. One who devotes their career to the elimination and repair of plotholes.


I only just now remembered that I hadn't blogged yet today. It's not like I have too many valid excuses. HTP took over my laptop for a while this morning because the darn thing was having connection issues. There seems to be a rather powerful Internet server/grabber in the neighborhood which kept leading my laptop astray. It took a while for HTP to figure out how to force my laptop onto the straight and narrow and protected home network we use. It was another one of those Vista things. Whenever our cable server would hiccup (and it seems to be doing that a lot lately) my laptop would briefly lose its connection to the Internet and then it would hook back up to this other mystery Internet connection. Anyway, it's fixed.

So, while HTP was working on my laptop, I decided to sort, wash, and soak labels off the wine bottles I've been storing in the garage. I'm going to be bottling Arancello and Limoncello this weekend. I use screw top wine bottles for my Italian liqueurs. I think I have enough of them but it took a while to match bottles with tops that fit...and then I had to soak off a few labels so I decided to soak off all the labels from all the wine bottles that were out in the garage that I hadn't done this for already because, I'm going to have to bottle wine in another couple of weeks. Let's just hope that I've got enough empty wine bottles. I've been drinking box wines lately because they're a lot cheaper than bottle wine. However, since I recycle the wine bottles from the wine that I did buy and drink from bottles, it probably would be more economical to drink the bottled wine, considering how much I'd have to spend to buy bottles at a wine shop. Still...I can buy a heck of a lot of bottles with the money I've been saving by buying box wine. I suppose it all depends upon how much I spend for the box wine. If the box wine costs $21.99, I might as well purchase bottled wine. However, if the box only costs $9.99, I can go out and buy a case of empty bottles. Hey! That $9.99 box of wine (Corbet Canyon Merlot)is pretty darn good...especially since I only really want a single glass of wine each evening and I don't need to worry about removing air from a bottle so the rest of the wine doesn't taste all yucky...even if I stick the bottle into the fridge.

On the other hand, HTP thinks I should be drinking more of my own homemade wine instead of buying the stuff from the store. It's not like I don't have quite a bit of it now. I could be drinking the 2006 and the 2007. I need to make room for the 2009 wines. I drank some of the 2006 Pomegranate II wine last night. It's mellowed quite nicely. I grabbed some of the smaller (375ml) bottles of homemade wine to stick the fridge to enjoy. I found that the Pomegranate II wine tasted best served at room temperature. Regardless, if I drink my own homemade wine, I not only am saving the money that I would have spent to buy wine at the store, I'm also freeing up bottles for all the wine that I've got brewing in the guest room.

Murphyism of the Day

Einstein on Math and Science - Number Five


As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.

- Henry Ford (1863 - 1947)

No comments: