Thursday, April 30, 2009


No Spring Flowers - This picture was taken last spring. Our spring flowers will start blooming in a couple of weeks...maybe.

Word of the Day

Prescribbled - A method used by doctors with bad handwriting to assign medication to patients.


I just finished vacuuming the basement. Ladybugs, Ladybugs, Fly Away Home! Over the winter, the ladybugs invaded and set up camp. HTP vacuumed all the living and dead ladybugs from our upstairs...yesterday...before breakfast. Not an hour later and there were more. So...I vacuumed our upstairs living area after I finished with the basement. They seem to like the bathrooms and the warmer south side windows. HTP and I think there must be tons of them up in our attic. I'm not going to look. HTP took apart the ceiling lights in his shower and in our bathrooms this morning to dispose of all the ladybugs that were trapped. He washed everything up and got everything put back and...after his shower he noted that his carefully cleaned light fixtures had trapped lots more ladybugs. Murphyism of the Day material. Sis told me that she and her hubby have been having to battle the ladybug invasion all winter long. She had to remove one from her coffeemaker's water reservoir yesterday morning before she could make coffee. Ewwww!!!! At least she noticed it before she started making coffee. I expect that the ladybugs will fly away home as soon as our outdoor temperatures warm up, the gardens are growing, and the leaves are on the trees.

Murphyism of the Day

Stitzer's Vacation Principle


When packing for a vacation, take half as much clothing and twice as much money.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I never took hallucinogenic drugs because I never wanted my consciousness expanded one unnecessary iota.

- Fran Lebowitz (1950 - )

No comments: