Friday, May 01, 2009


Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Willie

Word of the Day

Prestidigitraytion - The act of quickly trying to remove trash items from a tray on a conveyor belt destined into the great beyond of the cafeteria dishwashing area.



Happy


Anniversary


Mr. and Mrs.


Willie!



Today is my brother and his wife's anniversary! 28 years? My math is always a bit fuzzy but my heart wishes you have a wonderful day....and night.

*****

There's always something to do here at The Lake...especially during the first few weeks after we arrive back here in the spring. After breakfast I loaded up the boxes of wine that I brought from Arizona (Arizona Wine) and delivered one box to my folks and two plus boxes to my sister. Then, Sis and I loaded my car up with boxes of wine bottles that she's been collecting all winter from friends and family. All de-labeled, clean and ready to be filled with our Wisconsin wines. We'll work on bottling our Mulligan Berry wine next week some time. We also plan to start a batch of wine using some grapes that my brother harvested from his vines last fall. Sis froze them because we didn't have time to work on another wine project before I had to head back to Arizona for the winter.

After loading up my car with boxes of empty bottles and wine-making supplies, we righted the rowboat that HTP and I plan to use this summer, found the oars and the anchor and prepped it so Sis' husband can tow it across the lake to our docking area later today...tomorrow? Whenever he gets around to it.

Then...I drove into town to pick up the mail and buy some fertilizer for my blueberry bushes before I returned home to unload all the wine-making supplies and boxes of bottles. Of course, I couldn't just leave them sitting out in the hallway so I hauled them all down to our basement/wine cellar, sorted out the bottles by size and organized them into boxes that didn't take up so much space. We'll be using some of them when we bottle the Mulligan Berry wine but the rest of them won't be needed until fall.

By this time I was totally worn out from all the stair-stepping. Lunch. But...I couldn't just sit around when I still hadn't put up my windchimes. However, Gypsy wanted to go outside so I figured that while she was doing her thing, I'd fertilize the blueberry bushes. Done...until I have to fertilize them again after they've blossomed and the blossoms have all blown off. Then, of course, Gypsy didn't want to go back inside. She wanted to explore and hike. We didn't go far...just to the logging road and back. I hope that satisfies her for today.

I just go back inside from hanging up the windchimes. More stair-stepping...but this time it was stepladder-stepping. Up and down and up and down. Reach. Reach. I think I've had all the exercise I can use for one day but...I may have to deal with the rowboat as soon as Sis' hubby tows it over here. *moan* You know...I wonder if HTP and I should roll our dock out so it'll be easier to tie up that boat. Maybe we should have thought this out a bit more.

Murphyism of the Day

Kelly's Law of Navigation


The most important information on any map is on the fold.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Exile, for no other motive than ease, would be the last defeat, with no seed of future victory in it.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

No comments: