Tuesday, May 26, 2009


Happy Birthday #1 Son!

Word of the Day

Quaility - Quality tasting quail; A measure of a quail's taste.



Today is #1 Son's Birthday!


Happy


Birthday


#1 Son!



HTP made breakfast. Pancakes. And then....#1 Son had to head back to the big city. We actually celebrated his birthday all weekend long. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. #1 Son and I went out for ice cream at The Porch. We were going to go fishing but...it was too windy.

Today would have been a perfect day for fishing out in the boat. Unfortunately, I didn't have the energy...and nothing was biting off the dock. However, it was nice to just sit out on the dock...even if Gypsy almost fell into the lake. She can swim but I'm not sure she would have liked it, and I wouldn't have liked having to deal with a wet dog.

I worked some more in my flower gardens. The promised rain didn't arrive but it was overcast and cool so... I dug out some of my dwarf iris and transplanted them into a better location. I want to transplant some more of them to another location but...again...I ran out of steam. I just can't do everything that I want to do on the one day that I want to do it. I'll just have to learn to split my work up into as many days as I can and still get things done...eventually. Tomorrow is another day. I promised to dig out some of the dwarf iris to give to my Mom. Give back to my Mom. She's the one that gave me the dwarf iris in the first place. I think that somehow I ended up with ALL the dwarf iris and now she wants some back. There are plenty. They've been fruitful and multiplied. There's plenty for transplanting...more than plenty. I just have to dig up some energy...and...maybe find a trowel that isn't so bendy.

Murphyism of the Day

Terman's Law of Innovation

If you want a track team to win the high jump, you find one person who can jump seven feet, not seven people who can jump one foot.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I tended to place my wife under a pedestal.

- Woody Allen (1935 - )

No comments: