Wednesday, May 06, 2009


Grandpa HTP and Ms. En

Word of the Day

Pronuncilexia - A condition where the sufferer chronically mispronounces words to a high degree, by inserting or omitting sounds after the first letter.


2009 Woodtick Count - 6

Yet again I sallied forth after breakfast to work on raking and cleaning my garden beds. I figured that DD Daughter and Ms. En wouldn't mind that I stuck to my routine...even with visitors. Today was spent clearing out all the leaves from the lilac border and the area around the air-conditioner and the generator, as well as the raspberry bed by the garden...then...I started on Blueberry Hill. I actually finished the blueberry side of Blueberry Hill but ran out of steam. Please note the increase in the woodtick count. I told Ms. En, while she watched my efforts from the safety of the upstairs deck, that I was playing with woodticks....and...it looks like I must have been telling the truth. I'll have to work on the other other side of the terraces on Friday. I'd do it on Thursday but we're driving into the big city on Thursday.

Now that I'm all cleaned up from my outdoor work, I'm going to make some homemade bread today...maybe some cookies too. My folks are coming over for supper tonight. I'm going to make some meatballs to go with spaghetti so I want to have some garlic bread too. You can't just run out and buy a loaf of Italian bread here at The Lake. However, there's nothing that says I can't make some.

Murphyism of the Day

Breda's Rule

At any event, the people whose seats are farthest from the aisle arrive last.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

If you would thoroughly know anything, teach it to others.

- Tryon Edwards (1809 - 1894)

No comments: