Sunday, May 03, 2009


The Hepaticas are the first to bloom - May 2, 2009

2009 Woodtick Count - 1

Word of the Day

Primuctified - Describing a feeling one experiences when one is the first to walk over a freshly mopped floor, often while the janitor looks on.


I didn't have any more luck today when I went out fishing than I had yesterday. However, the experience was a bit better...even without a nibble. At least the wind wasn't blowing so hard, and with the sun was putting in more of an effort to chase away the chill.

I was wrong when I stated that the wildflowers hadn't started blooming. They have. Gypsy and I hiked up to the main road to pick up the mail yesterday and there were little bouquets of blossoms brightening up the forest floor as they peeked through the cover fallen leaves.

I'm trying to convince psych myself up to using the box of hair dye that I bought before leaving Arizona. It's not a permanent hair color...but...it's still a messy process and I'm not really in the mood for a mess right now. However, it might be nice to eradicate the grey before HTP and I drive into the big city next Sunday for Mother's Day. I noted that photographs tend to highlight my grey hair...at least that's how it seems to me.

Murphyism of the Day

The Rent-a-Car Law


In any airport served by several car rental agencies, the other service shuttles will arrive before yours.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Only if we understand can we care. Only if we care will we help. Only if we help shall they be saved.

- Jane Goodall

No comments: