Sunday, May 17, 2009


The Wildflowers are Blooming at The Lake - Picture taken in 2008

Word of the Day

Psychoaxis - The central topic or idea around which a set of complementary ideas revolve, essentially the main point.


2009 Woodtick Count - 13

My Earthboxes are all ready for planting. I just need to buy some more bedding plants. Tomorrow? Also...I finished digging my raised bed gardens. HTP still has to roto-till but maybe he'll do that for me today? I'm not ready to plant the raised bed gardens. I ordered some seeds from Burpee's and I think they'll be here soon. This week sometime? I hope?

I didn't count the worms that I dug while I was spading the garden. Maybe I'll go fishing today. It's been pretty cold and windy but the forecast seems promising. I don't think we got frost last night. My temperature sensor was reading 35 degrees this morning. Cold but not plant-killer cold. If the fish aren't biting, I'll plant my patio window box gardens with the petunias I bought and I'll get my herb pots all planted. Basil, cilantro, and parsley.

HTP and I got a call from our security monitoring company in Arizona. Apparently the back door sensor was triggered. We've had problems with this before. Our neighbor who checks on our house back there, doesn't always close the door "tightly". She closes it. She locks it. But...it's only closed enough for the sensor magnet to work...until the wind blows a bit and it "opens". *sigh* However, most troubling, she never heard an audible alarm going off. There should be an audible alarm....the better to make some burglar's ears bleed and notify my next door neighbor that there might be problems. HTP and I are going to have to test the system next fall. If there is no alarm, why have an alarm company? What's the point of the whole thing? Oh...and despite being told by our alarm-monitoring company that the police had been dispatched, my neighbor, who was watching for them, told us that they never showed. She would have noticed. Of course, HTP did call the company and told them to call off the cops but I would have thought the police would have arrived long before HTP called them off. Sooooo?! Oh well...there's nothing we can do about it right now.

Murphyism of the Day

Jim Murray's Rules of the Arena - Number Three


A free agent is anything but.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

For me, it's that I contributed, ... That I'm on this planet doing some good and making people happy. That's to me the most important thing, that my hour of television is positive and upbeat and an antidote for all the negative stuff going on in life.

- Ellen DeGeneres

No comments: