Thursday, May 14, 2009


The Juneberry Bushes are Blooming by the Shore

Word of the Day

Pseudonymble - The art of juggling multiple online personalities; ability to nimbly juggle many pseudonyms.


2009 Woodtick Count - 7

And life continues both day and night. I messed with the grape wine this morning. Mess is the operative word. I have to squeeze the pulp bag on a daily basis for the next few days. We're talking purple slime. Ewwww!!!! It's a good thing I put that vinyl table cloth down to protect my carpeting.

After breakfast, HTP hauled my Earthboxes from the garage where we had stored them last fall to the deck. They are HEAVY...even when the soil inside them is dried out. I really need to get started on prepping those Earthboxes for planting. I wish the sun would come out. It's still pretty cold outside. 44 degrees and overcast and it's hard to feel like gardening when it's this cold outside. It's too cold to plant seeds but HTP pointed out that I might have problems finding seeds and transplants after this weekend. Well...at least I might have problems finding the variety that I'd want to see. I do plan on going to the nursery near our home...next week (with Sis)...but there are some things that I can pick up at Walmart when HTP and I drive to the city. Herbs. Annuals for my deck. Hopefully, Burpee seeds? Walmart doesn't keep them in stock very long. By the time I wanted to buy seeds last spring, Walmart had already sent their supply back to Burpee's. What's with that? Oh well...if I can get my Earthboxes all prepped for planting, I'll have a better idea of what to buy tomorrow.

I'm glad I got my Oriole feeder set out. I've got Orioles! I filled and put out my hummingbird feeders too but, even though Sis said she saw a hummingbird earlier in the week, I haven't seen any as yet. However, I have seen a variety of birds at my seed feeders.

Murphyism of the Day

Bob's Law of Televised Sports


If you switch from one football game to another in order to avoid a commercial, the second game will be running a commercial, too.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Traffic signals in New York are just rough guidelines.

- David Letterman (1947 - )

No comments: