Monday, May 25, 2009


The Bellwort...


the Wild Geranium...


and the Trillium are blossoming in the woods....


...and my radishes have sprouted in the garden.

Word of the Day

Pygopagan - Conjoined twins who do not practice religion or who are considered heathen or followers a polytheistic religion.


2009 Woodtick Count - 28

Oops! Sorry. I realized that I didn't blog so late last night that any attempt I would have made by then would have registered as a Memorial Day blog. There were just too many items ahead of blogging on my priority list.

Happy Memorial Day! I've been hearing this greeting all morning on the television. But...does one really wish someone a Happy Memorial Day? Somehow...it just doesn't sound quite right to me.

As far as yesterday's activities go.... We went out for Sunday Brunch at The Bluehills Supper Club. Same old, same old. However, this time they were offering a breakfast martini, which, although new and interesting, I'd probably stick to the tried and true Mimosa...or Bloody Mary bar. The food was the same as it always has been. No surprises. However, there's always a nice variety. Something to please everyone at the table. HTP's sister and her family met us there. It was nice to just sit and chat. There weren't all that many people (customers) there but this weekend was the supper club's first brunch of the season...oh...and I think they did Mother's Day too. Although, I could have provided a brunch that was just as nice and Sis and I have hosted ones together that are even better...I did enjoy the fact that I wasn't having to do any of the prep work or the clean up.

There's a lot of boat traffic on our lake this weekend. Because of this, I decided to limit my fishing to whatever I could catch off our dock. I caught one nice bass and another bass that I had to throw back because it was a smidgen too small. Added to my previous catches...there just wasn't enough fish to fry up for supper last night. And, it doesn't look like today will be a good fishing day...off the dock or in the boat. Too windy...again. Maybe, if the wind dies down and the lake traffic clears out, #1 Son and I will take the boat out. Late afternoon...early evening? We'll see.

We had hamburgers on the grill last night. HTP fried up some really great French fries to go with the burgers. Tonight? We'll either have fish (if we catch any) or bratwurst on the grill...maybe some baked beans, a salad, chips, dip? We'll see. We've got options.

Last night we enjoyed watching the IT Crowd. #1 Son introduced us to this British sitcom last time he was here. He brought some more episodes for us to watch this time. Loved it. Maybe we'll watch more of the episodes tonight. #1 Son has to head back to the big city tomorrow. I'm not sure when he'll have time to come visit us next but...we don't live all that far from the big city so...

Murphyism of the Day

Ken's Law


A flying particle will seek the nearest eye.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

One cannot fix one's eyes on the commonest natural production without finding food for a rambling fancy.

- Jane Austen (1775 - 1817)

No comments: