Wednesday, May 27, 2009


DD Daughter's BBTP (Baby Boy Type Person)

Word of the Day

Qualificated - To be both qualified and educated.

2009 Woodtick Count - 28


I have too been working outside in the gardens! I'm not complaining about the static woodtick count...would you?

We've had exactly .02 inches of rain today. Wow! Needless to say, my gardens are thirsty. Before we got our .02 inches of rain this afternoon, I dragged the hose down to the lower gardens and watered the iris and the dwarf iris that I transplanted the other day. Maybe that's why finally got some rain...minimal as it were.

Today was a perfect day for a fire in the fireplace. Aside from doing laundry, working on making some receiving blankets for DD Daughter's baby (due in late September), and getting the pre-prep work done on Sis' and my summer wine-making projects, I've been enjoying the warmth of a fireplace fire. I could have made some cookies and let the heat from the oven take away the chill in the air (50 degrees outside and overcast)but a fireplace fire has fewer calories than an oatmeal raisin cookie.

Murphyism of the Day

Lavia's Law of Tennis


If you don't throw it, they can't hit it.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing.

- Robert Benchley (1889 - 1945)

1 comment:

dd daughter said...

Yeah, but an oatmeal raisin cookie tastes a whole lot better than a fireplace fire.