Saturday, May 23, 2009


Berry Picking in 2007

Word of the Day

Pwned - Owned; Beaten.


2009 Woodtick Count - 28

I'm just now recovering...a little...from my battle with the raspberry bushes growing on the chimney side of the house. I had to trim away the old growth and then reset the trellises so they'd hold the newly formed raspberry canes. My raspberry bushes have been prolific! They're invading my flower garden space. I'll have to do battle with that on another day. By the time I got the trellises set and staked and line strung to hold the new canes, plus, cleaning up the debris, with raspberry canes grabbing at my arms and hair and clothes, I figured I'd beat a retreat and work on removing the proliferation on another day. Not today.

Instead, I cleaned up and baked a birthday cake for #1 Son. His birthday isn't until Tuesday but...we're going to celebrate tonight. We're also going to celebrate my folks' anniversary. One cake, two celebrations. Steaks on the grill. Baked potatoes. A nice garden salad. Cake and ice cream.

Murphyism of the Day

Hertzberg's Law of Wing Walking


Never leave hold of what you've got until you've got hold of something else.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

- Carlos A. Urbizo

No comments: