Wednesday, May 20, 2009


A View of my Raised Bed Gardens - May 20, 2009

Word of the Day

Punkdunk - A flashy or showoff dunk during a basketball game.


2009 Woodtick Count - 22

The wind is blowing so hard today that I'm pretty sure my last woodtick blew in from the woods when I took Gypsy out this morning to do her thing. HTP HATES the windchimes. It isn't usually so windy here but today the windchimes went from their normal tinkling melodic sound to loud thunking and clanging against the house...loud enough that it sets Gypsy off barking at imaginary invaders.

HTP couldn't find the special fertilizer I needed for my Earthboxes when he was out and about yesterday. He tried three stores. So, when I went into our little town to pick up the mail this morning, I checked the local Hank's Hardware Store across from the post office. Yup! Well...they didn't have the exact stuff that I was looking for but I found something that would do just fine.

I planted my last remaining Earthboxes. Sis told me about this neat way of applying the fertilizer using nylon knee highs. With the wind blowing the way it is today, I would have ended up with a face full of fertilizer, using the other method of fertilizing. It's lots neater using the nylon socks...and...next spring?...there won't be so much waste when I scoop out the fertilizer. I bet I can recycle the nylon socks too. Anyway, everything is planted and all I have to do is water and wait. Speaking of watering, I need to drag that hose out to the garden and water the raised bed gardens. It doesn't look like we'll be seeing any rain. I hope this wind hasn't blown away the lettuce and radish seeds.

Murphyism of the Day

Indisputable Law of Sports Contracts


The more money the free agent signs for, the less effective he is the following season.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Never read a book through merely because you have begun it.

- John Witherspoon (1723 - 1794)

No comments: