Tuesday, May 12, 2009


DD Daughter, Ms. En, and #1 Son Enjoying a Mother's Day Buffet - May 10, 2009


Word of the Day

Prunk - 1. An unword word mistakenly substituted for another (often similar) word in conversation. 2. Exclamation upon the realisation that a prunk has occurred. 3. To replace a real word with an unword during regular conversation.


2009 Woodtick Count - 7

Wow! I keep getting older and my To Do List seems to be growing longer and longer. Some days I feel like I'm bailing out a leaking boat that is leaking faster than I can bail. I'm speaking/writing metaphorically because ,actually, the boat is doing just fine. No leaks. I bailed out the rain water that had gathered since its launching.

We celebrated Mother's Day in the big city with HTP's folks and #1 Son, DD Daughter, Ms. En, HTP's brother and one of his daughters, and HTP's sister and her family. We weren't expecting much (food quality) because the food at the place where HTP's folks live hasn't been all that but...we were pleasantly surprised. I'm not actually sure if the food was all that good but since it beat our expectations, we were thought it was great.

Yesterday, Sis and I went shopping for wine-making supplies in the city. That took most of the morning so we modified our wine-making expectations for the day. We decided that there was no point in killing ourselves to get all the wining done on one day. We decided to hold off on bottling the Mulligan Berry Wine until tomorrow and concentrate on getting the grape wine started. Willie gave us some grapes last fall but we ran out of time to do anything with them so Sis froze them. 17 1/2 pounds of an unknown variety of purple grape. It's not a sweet grape. We're thinking Concord-like. Anyway, right now I have a bucket of pre-yeast wine sitting in my living room and we'll be checking the specific gravity and adding yeast tomorrow. Then...we'll bottle the Mulligan Berry Wine.

I stayed up late last night because Gypsy needed more of her special dog food. I used up the last of what I brought from Arizona this morning. So...there was no getting around it, even though I was tired, I cooked up and froze her special stew last night. 5 quarts of hamburger stew. Ten containers, done and did.

Today. It's Laundry Day. And...I got my hummingbird feeders filled and hung. I really should spade the garden but...we'll see how much energy I have this afternoon.

Murphyism of the Day

Veeck's Law of Baseball


Knowledge of the game is inversely proportional to the price of the seats.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

God, I don’t have great faith, but I can be faithful. My belief in you may be seasonal, but my faithfulness will not. I will follow in the way of Christ. I will act as though my life and the lives of others matter. I will love. I have no greater gift to offer than my life. Take it.

- Real Live Preacher

No comments: