Monday, May 18, 2009


Herb Pots, Peppers, a Tomato Plant and an Waiting Earthbox - May 18, 2009

Word of the Day

Publishedy - Describing one who is either showing off that they've been published, or who is busy promoting their published work.


2009 Woodtick Count - 16

As you can see by the woodtick count, I've been spending some time outdoors...gardening. Sis and I went to the nursery and bought plants today. Unfortunately, with a fierce wind blowing from the southwest, it was too windy to do any Earthbox gardening, but, I did plant four of the tomato plants and two of the pepper plants that I bought today....in containers on my deck....and I planted the cucumber sets in my raised bed gardens which HTP roto-tilled for me yesterday. Two woodticks from the roto-tilling and raking session of yesterday, and one from planting the cucumbers today. However, I may discover more as the night wears on.

Yesterday, after we roto-tilled the raised bed gardens, I planted my herb pots and my window boxes for the deck. I also transplanted the geraniums that Sis wintered for me. They look a bit pale and spindly right now but I'm sure that they'll perk up with a bit of sun and summer warmth. The summer warmth part of the deal has been on the scarce side.

Sis and I started a secondary batch of grape wine using the pulp from the grapes we used in the initial batch of grape wine we started earlier this spring. Waste not, want not. I was able to move that first batch of wine to the basement where it will sit for the next month...aging...air-locked. The secondary batch of wine will be combined with the initial batch as soon as it has graduated to the air-lock stage.

Murphyism of the Day

Jim Murray's Rules of the Arena - Number Four


Hockey is a game played by six good players and the home team.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Your equipment DOES NOT affect the quality of your image. The less time and effort you spend worrying about your equipment the more time and effort you can spend creating great images. The right equipment just makes it easier, faster or more convenient for you to get the results you need.

- Ken Rockwell, Your Camera Does Not Matter, 2005

No comments: