Saturday, May 30, 2009


My Rhododendrons are Blossoming

Word of the Day

Quierd - Something that is both queer and weird at the same time.


2009 Woodtick Count - 31

HTP took me to see a movie yesterday! Woohoo! I finally got to see Angels & Demons! We also drove to Cumberland and stopped at Louie's Meat Market to pick up some more Italian sausage. And, after the movie, he took me out for dinner at Applebee's. What a treat! Dinner AND a movie! Loved it.

My folks, my sister and I went rummaging today at the local church rummage sale. I bought a cookie tin, a cookie jar, a sweater and some bulldog clips. And...I found out where the outdoor church service is being held tomorrow morning, bought a baby gift, bought a card, picked up the mail, dug out some lawn chairs that I'm going to have to bury again since my Dad already dug and stowed the chairs we'll need tomorrow morning, and gave my sister the Italian sausage she asked us to buy at Louie's. Yuck! Fennel! Needless to say...I don't like fennel in my Italian sausage. It's a good thing that the area in Italy where HTP's ancestors came from didn't use fennel in their sausage. However, they did use rosemary...with lamb. I'm not fond of rosemary either but I don't cook a lot of lamb either.

After putting away my purchases and making lunch, I decided to try out my new nail clippers...for Gypsy. After a successful job (no blood or screaming dog), I decided to try out my new electric hair trimmer...for Gypsy. It's pink! I didn't buy it because it was pink. I bought it because it was a Conair and because it wasn't horribly expensive. The nail clipper and the electric hair trimmer cost less than one trip to the groomer. And...success. The goal was to trim the hair between Gypsy's toes and that goal was reached...a bit choppy but I'll try to do a better job next time. The groomer does a better job but I imagine it takes practice. Plus, I don't have a grooming table and I'm not a very good juggler.

I finally got all the leaves and debris pulled off my remaining flower beds. Hooray! The day was too perfect to waste sitting inside. Rainy days are for sitting inside. Days that are too hot and humid are for sitting inside with the air-conditioner running. The current temperature outside is 69 degrees...in the shade. So? Why am I inside right now? I accomplished my goal and am taking a well deserved break. I may even go sit outside on the deck for a bit with a newly trimmed Gypsy.

Murphyism of the Day

Sigstad's Law


When it gets to be your turn, they change the rules.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Cocooned inside our private dramas we often don’t realize life is rolling by us like it should.

- Waiter Rant

No comments: