Wednesday, May 13, 2009


Sis is giving our wine that last "kiss", that last extra "something". Fall 2008

Word of the Day

Prunles - The wrinkles that develop on one's fingers when they've been in the water too long.


Sis and I tackled the task of bottling the Mulligan Berry Wine we started last fall. Six gallons of Mulligan Berry Wine. No pictures were taken this time. Our goal was to get the wine bottled. Neither of us thought about documenting the event...this time. One sentence just doesn't cover the amount of work entailed with this task. Washing and sterilizing bottles. Sterilizing corks. Corking. Labeling. Hey! Designing labels! Sealing the bottles. It all sounds so simple when you say..."Hey! Why don't we make our own wine?" Regardless of the work entailed, Sis and I have been enjoying the "fun" and the fruits of our labors. Is it cost effective? I'm not sure at this point. Can you buy Prickly Gooseberry Wine in the store? I've never seen any. Can you buy Rhubarb/Strawberry Wine? How about Dandelion Wine? I'll pit my Prickly Gooseberry Wine against any of those expensive Ice Wines that I've seen.

Sis and I started a batch of Grape Wine from the grapes that Willie gave us but...the liquor stores are loaded with wines that are made from the various varieties of grapes...world-wide. Sis and I have been making the sort of wine that you just can't find...off the shelf. Prickly Pear Wine? Dandelion Wine? Prickly Gooseberry Wine? Actually, we've decided that the Rhubarb/Strawberry Wine that we made last summer is...AWESOME!!! So AWESOME...that we've decided to concentrate our efforts this summer on perfecting this wine. Rhubarb Wine? It actually tastes wonderful but...OMG! Rhubarb/Strawberry Wine?! OMG! However, the Prickly Gooseberry Wine?...really good. Better than any of the ice wine you can pay so much money to buy. *sigh* Sis and I could be totally RICH if we sold some of the wines we make for family use. *sigh* Cross my heart and hope to die and refuse to do anything that will have the Federal Bureau of Food and Alcohol breathing down my back....Sis and I cross all the "T's" and dot all the "i's" when it comes to brewing our home-brewed wines.

Murphyism of the Day

Bob's Law of Televised Sports

If you switch from one football game to another in order to avoid a commercial, the second game will be running a commercial, too.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

One thing I've learned in all these years is not to make love when you really don't feel it; there's probably nothing worse you can do to yourself than that.

-Norman Mailer (1923 - 2007)

No comments: