Friday, May 22, 2009


"Someone" invaded the garden on my deck. May 22, 2009

Word of the Day

Pupsqueak - The sound a yawning dog emits when it opens its mouth too wide.


2009 Woodtick Count - 27

Knock on wood, I haven't seen any deer ticks this year. I've seen more of your run of the mill woodticks than I've ever cared to see but none of the tiny deer ticks which plagued my life last summer. HTP woke me up this morning because a woodtick was crawling on him. Oh well...at the time I was just thinking about getting up anyway.

I lost one of my tomato plants last night. OK. It was still there, but whatever got at sheared it off and then decided that it didn't really want it and left it wilting on my deck. A squirrel? A raccoon? I have no way of knowing. All I do know is that I'm going to have to go into the city today and buy another tomato plant to replace the one I lost. Grrrr!!!!

Oh well...HTP and I were planning a trip to the city today anyway. We've got a tiny little grocery store a couple of miles from our house but even with the price of gas going up 45 cents per gallon...maybe 50 cents per gallon (I haven't checked today's price)since we got back, it's still cheaper to drive to the nearest city to buy our groceries. Besides, there's a better selection of stuff at the grocery store in the city.

Murphyism of the Day

McCarthy's Maxim


A football coach has to be smart enough to understand the game but dumb enough to think it's important.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Unprovided with original learning, unformed in the habits of thinking, unskilled in the arts of composition, I resolved to write a book.

- Edward Gibbon (1737 - 1794)

No comments: